[texworks] JPEG rendering problem

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Jan 27 18:16:45 CET 2009

Le 27 janv. 09 à 15:31, Alain Delmotte a écrit :

> Sorry for my comments, I took the picture of Bruno Voisin the wrong
> way: the TeXworks is on the *right* with a background (as he
> mentioned in his message) and TeXshop on the left normal without
> background (but above it, is the menu bar showing TeXworks - so I
> took the left part as TeXworks).

Ah, the communication gap between the Mac and Windows worlds! I should
have thought of that, and cropped the menu bar in the screenshot. Sorry!

On the Mac there's only one menu bar location, shared by all
applications, at the top of the screen, not one per window. The menu
bar of the application corresponding to the frontmost window (TeXworks
in the screenshot) takes over.

> Would you like to have the files which work for me on Windows XP to
> download?
> Sorry I can not compile for the Mac.

Thanks, but I don't need them. They're part of a paper which I'm
working on and which includes figures in PDF format (those I created)
and in JPEG and BMP formats (those sent by collaborators). I had tried
to keep all the figures in their original formats, to avoid
degradation by conversion. But given the problems, I'll probably
convert everything to PDF (this does not seem to be detrimental to
resolution).

It's just that, when faced with this PDF rendering issue, I thought
that was a bug worth reporting.

Bruno