[texhax] Ruby dev to help add LaTeX reference to DevDocs.io?

Paul Rankin hello at paulwrankin.com
Mon Apr 6 06:10:55 CEST 2015

> On 6 Apr 2015, at 7:36 am, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
> For clarity, let me mention that latexrefman is unofficial, not
> maintained or reviewed by the LaTeX Project members.  It's maintained by
> me (these days), and I have never made the time to concentrate on the
> many updates that are needed.  Although volunteers (notably Vincent
> Belaiche) have worked on existing and new translations, contributions
> for adding to the actual content have been sparse at best.  They remain
> welcome.

Sincerest thanks for your efforts Karl.

I think even though latexrefman is unofficial, it remains the only option.[1]

Would you consider converting the repo to git and hosting on GitHub? I feel like that would encourage more contributions, given the popularity of the platform and the built-in issue system.

[1]: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=ref-doc