[texhax] When to modify \topmargin and \textheight?
Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
LPr at pontex.cz
Mon Aug 30 15:05:09 CEST 2010
I have problem - let's have the following code:
This code produces pdf of four pages (pdflatex, TL2009, WinXP):
- Page 1, 2 - pages use standard (non-modified) page layout.
- Page 3 - the page content is shifted up as the \topmargin has been modified. The text height keeps the original value (?) of \textheight, like \textheight were not modified.
- Page 4 is modified by my needs, i.e. the "working" area of the page is stretched by 1 in and the top margin is shortened by 0.5 in - that's what I'm trying to achieve.
- Why page #3 is not changed like #4, although the change of dimensions is declared BEFORE page 3?
- How to provide that the change of dimensions is done "in time" - it means for the page #3 for this case?
Thank you in advance.
More information about the texhax