[texhax] an Index of key-words

Alexandre Almeida a.c.alexandre at live.com
Mon Jul 28 15:48:10 CEST 2008

I was trying to use the memoir package (to create a book) and then I was wondering how is the process to create an index of keywords (not to sections or chapters). For example, in the last pages from a book we see an index like this (in two columns) :
Al-Jazeera 2, 4-5, 9
Al Qaeda 1-3, 6, 11, 12, 112, 119, 130, 133
Biodiversity 90-1
Buddhism 13, 26, 86
and so on... can anybody help me?
by the way, the space between the two columns is very small... how can I change this? This is a piece of my code:
Some text here...
Thank you,