[texhax] Reverse numbering Bibliography

Duc Son Pham DucSon.Pham at curtin.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 16:39:11 CEST 2007

Thank you Phil for your reply.

Your idea seems coincident with my initial thought. Thanks to the example at

I have found a quick (though not elegant) fix to this, so I post it here

in case some one else might also be interested:

Solution: Suppose the total number of references in myfile.bbl is 100, then

\renewcommand*{\@biblabel}[1]{[\thepointnumber \addtocounter{pointnumber}{-1}]}

The only disadvantage is that I need to supply the number 101 manually.

Someone out there might have a better solution?