[texhax] Problem with proText installation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 21 20:53:21 CET 2005

    error reading e:\gsv\gs814w32.exe  Possible cause bad disk or transfer

Well, that is sad news.  We did our best to test the CD duplicating
process, but it sounds like you got a bad one.  Sorry.

If you just try executing that file directly (from a DOS prompt) on
the CD, does it also fail with the disk error?

Do you by any chance have a DVD drive, so you could try that disc?

In any case, we'll get a replacement CD off to you.

Regrets,
karl