[texhax] Building CHM help

Konstantin Karapetyan texnic at photonica.ru
Fri Jan 14 13:38:17 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

I participate in a software project (OS -- Win XP), and we will soon
face the problem of building the printable manual and Help system.
Of course, for the manual I'd like to use LaTeX and build the pdf.
That's clear. However, we also need to get a CHM file, which will
contain to a large extent the same text as the manual.

The questions are:

1) Is there an established method of building CHM from the LaTeX
source?
2) Can anyone recommend a convenient method to maintain two (for
printed version and for online help) versions of the source so as not
to copy text from one file to another?

However, if the 2nd is not easily solved I'll be satisfied if I can
make CHM first and then copy the source, edit it and build PDF
separately.

TIA!

Konstantin.