[texhax] A how do I question

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Oct 26 12:30:30 CEST 2004

Joseph Hickey :

> To whom it may concern,
>
> 	My university requires that the last entry in the table of contents be
> "About the Author" with the page number "End Page".  Is there any way of
> doing this in latex?  My short term solution is cracking open the ps
> file and editing the value there.  While that is not difficult, it
> doesn't have the finesse that I expect from latex.
>
> thanks,
> joseph

This might not be the correct way to do it, and there might be other
problems, but in this example it works fine

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\section{test}
\label{sec:test-1}
sdfsdf
\newpage
\section*{About the Author}
some text about the author
\addtocontents{toc}{\protect\contentsline{section}{\numberline{}About the Author}{End Page}}
\end{document}

--

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln