[texhax] Ordering references in bibtex by appearance order

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 18 16:45:38 CEST 2004

> I'm recent to latex and there's one question i couldn't find the answer
> and i hope you guys can help me.
>
> How can i order my bibliographic references (i'm using bibtex) by their
> appearance order in the text?

If you're using bibtex then presumably you're aware that you have to make a
choice of style via \bibliographystyle{<style>} with <style> = abbrv, alpha,
plain or unsrt in the basic bibtex usage - unsrt is probably what you want.

You might also want to read btxdoc.dvi, which usually comes with LaTeX
installations.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe
Professor of Nuclear & Subnuclear Physics
Dipartimento di Fisica e Matematica
Universita degli Studi dell'Insubria
via Valleggio 11
22100 Como (CO)