[texhax] question

Manuel Reta manuelreta at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 18:33:55 CEST 2004

I have been using Latex, through MikteX, since some years ago. It works great.
However, reacently, I updated to the new version of MikteX (ver. 2.4), and I am getting problems when using the option Spanish with the Babel package. One of the problems is that when I put any decimal number, let's say 3.14159, I get in the final document 3,14159 (instead a decimal point, I get a comma).
Can somebody tell me what can I do to solve this problem?  Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
Dr. Manuel Reta
manuelreta at ieee.org
Unidad Academica de Ingeniría Eléctrica