TUG news: elections, call for papers, development fund, TUGboat

TUG Board of Directors board at tug.org
Wed Sep 25 10:55:23 CEST 2002

Greetings to all TUG members and TeX users,

A few short news items for your information and participation.
(Please redistribute this message to any appropriate forum.)

1. TUG elections

The terms of the TUG President and of 11 members of the Board of
Directors will end as of the 2003 meeting of the TUG Board of Directors,
which will take place in conjunction with the 24th Annual TUG Meeting to
be held 20-24 July 2003.  (See below for more information on the meeting.)

The election to choose the new TUG President and Board members will be
held in spring 2003.  Nominations for these openings are now invited.
Please see http://www.tug.org/election/ for the complete announcement,
information, and nomination forms.

If you or someone you know would be a good candidate for service, please
help TUG by making a nomination!

2. TUG 2003: Call for Papers

The TeX Users Group's 24th Annual Meeting is to be held 20-24 July 2003
at the Outrigger Waikoloa Beach Resort, Big Island, Hawaii.

We welcome submissions of a title and abstract by November 18, 2002;
please send to tug2003-papers at tug.org.  Registration forms and more
information on submitting papers, as well as the conference in general,
are at http://www.tug.org/tug2003/.  Please be sure to check the
early-lion registration discount rate.  First deadline: Dec 31, 2002.

3. TeX Development Fund

TUG has initiated a new project: a TeX Development Fund.  It was
officially announced at the TUG 2002 conference in India.  The idea is
to financially support TeX-related projects to the best of our ability.
Please see http://tug.org/tc/devfund/ for more information and an online
application page, or email devfund at tug.org.

4. TUGboat

We are pleased to announce that TUGboat 22.1/22.2 (a double issue) is
at the printer and scheduled to be mailed September 26th.  The TUGboat
production team is working on the two issues that follow (for 2001) in
hopes they will mail by the end of the year.  More news will be
forthcoming regarding Volume 23, which is in the pipeline as well.
If you have ideas for articles you would like to write, or read, please
email the tugboat editorial group at tugboat at tug.org.

5. CTAN CD-ROM's via Dante

Each year, Dante (the German TeX users group, http://www.dante.de),
produces an abstract of the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network compendium
of TeX tools. The 2002 edition has been ordered for TUG members.  Look
for this 3-CD set in your mail within the next few weeks.

--

Your satisfaction as a TUG member is important to us. If you have failed
to receive membership materials, or if your address has changed, please

The TUG Board values your input. Please contact us at board at tug.org with
your suggestions, concerns, and even offers of help.

Thanks,
TeX Users Group Board of Directors