[tex4ht] Lualatex / ooffice

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:49:42 CET 2015

Hi Guido,

Excerpts from Guido Milanese's message of 2015-12-17 23:47:11 +0100:
> Sorry for this very trivial question, but I'm a bit confused.

this is not so trivial question. There are several possibilities how to
run this command.

> I am experimenting with lualatex and I succeed in using this syntax:
>
> make4ht -l file.tex
>
> to obtain html files.
>
> With standard LaTeX files I use this syntax to obtain OpenOffice files:
>
> htlatex file.tex "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo -cvalidate"
>
> How should I adapt this to lualatex?

You can run directly

   make4ht -l pokus.tex  "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf"
     " -coo -cxtpipes -cvalidate"

note the space before `-coo`, library which make4ht uses for cli
argument handling interprets `-coo` as argument for make4ht otherwise.
the space will prevent it.

A more robust solution is to use `.mk4` build file, like following:

    settings.tex4ht_sty_par = settings.tex4ht_sty_par ..",ooffice"
    settings.tex4ht_par = settings.tex4ht_par .. " ooffice/! -cmozhtf"
    settings.t4ht_par = settings.t4ht_par .. " -cooxtpipes -coo "
    if mode == "draft" then
      Make:htlatex()
    else
     Make:htlatex()