[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 29 02:54:16 CEST 2008

    np> As long as the mirrors are that bad

FYI, the mirrors are not "that bad".  As has been discussed before, CTAN
monitors mirror status and deletes dead/unupdated ones.  Furthermore,
mirror.ctan.org does not redirect to known-bad ones that have not been
deleted.

At this point, I think the problems are more due to not sticking with a
single mirror than anything else, and (as you know, Norbert :), we are
working on that.  Clearly the process is unutterably painful as things
stand, which I expected but am still quite discouraged about.

karl