[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jun 28 20:12:30 CEST 2008

On Fr, 27 Jun 2008, Sandy Nicholson wrote:
> I downloaded the bootstrap installer, but when I ran install-tl, the
> furthest the download/installation process got was adrconv. Earlier,
> it didn't get that far, but it consistently falls over there now when
> downloading from my local mirror (I'm in the UK). I also tried
>
>   install-tl -url ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev
>
> with slightly greater success: it got as far as bin-context on one
> run. Unfortunately the process isn't (as far as I know) resumable, so
> I have to start from scratch each time. Is this a temporary problem
> with server loads, or is there anything else I can try?

Unfortunately nothing ATM. As long as the mirrors are that bad and
connection breaks down on every download, I have no idea how to fix
that.

Please see the discussion on this mailing list, there is quite a long
thread (in fact more) on this topic.

> Incidentally, in case it's relevant, I'm doing this on an Intel Mac,
> and the only customisation I did each time was to set the TEXMFHOME

Not important.

Sorry, the problem is that the download does not work. In this case we
cannot do much.

The other is that resuming an installation is currently not supported.

Best wishes

Norbert

`...we might as well start with where your hand is now.'
Arthur said, `So which way do I go?'
on this occaision.'
He moved his hand.
is in fact the other way.'
`Oh yes.'
                 --- Arthur trying to discover which part of Fenchurch is
                 --- wrong.