[tex-live] Windows symlinks

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Jun 28 13:38:56 CEST 2008

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

 > I got the impression that only Vista implemented symlinks properly,

I think all OSs with NTFS >- 3.0 properly support them.

 > but only for ntfs.

Agreed (Fat-32 is pretty basic, after all !).

 > Earlier Windows versions do have reparse points
 > and junction points, but using the within TeXLive looks like more
 > trouble than it is worth. E.g. under w2k, the tools for working with
 > them aren't part of the default install.

Also true : there is an excellent open-source tool
for manipulating them, though, details of which I
will forward when I can locate them.

** Phil.