[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 25 22:15:52 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

On Mi, 25 Jun 2008, Dan Luecking wrote:
> 1. Does wget cache the url provided by mirror.ctan.org and reuse it with
> each download, or does it use literally mirror.ctan.org each time
> (possibly accessing different mirrors)?

It does use literally mirror.ctan.org again and again.

> 2. The install-tl set-up provides perl, wget and lzma. I have all three
> of those installed on my system as well as TeXLive 2007. Could any
> of those accidentally get invoked instead of the provided ones? If so,
> I could disable them temporarily and see if it makes a difference.

Do you use windows?

> 3. I really think the log of the session should include error messages
> if possible. It should also contain the mirror actually chosen, if you
> want a report on misbehaving mirrors. Is any of that possible?

The problem is catching the error output of all these scripts ... you
don't want to know how much time we already spent with banging our head
against windows ... sorry, non of us is professional programmer, and I
see not enough time to play around with that currently.

But I keep it in mind/on the todo.

Best wishes

Norbert