[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:51:09 CEST 2008

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> > Is it possible to just pick a mirror at the beginning, then stick to this
> > mirror to the end?  This should avoid coherence porblems and help to identify
> > possibly broken mirrors.
>
> Difficult. If not impossible. Sorry, but mirrors should be mirrors ...

mirrors that _aren't_ get pruned from our database (which
mirror.ctan.org uses).

however, without the tight coupling we have between the main ctans, you
can't hope for mirrors to be closer than 12hrs out of date, on average.

(if someone proposes a mirror frequency >24hrs, we tell them to go back
and think again.)

robin