[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 25 12:52:12 CEST 2008

Hi Manuel,

On Mi, 25 Jun 2008, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> > That is a temporary problem until we release. Sorry for that, but after
> > that there will be not sooo profound changes (I hope).
> >
> I disagree.  There will be changes in texlive.tlpdb each day we update a
> package (that is, probably every day).  If the content of one mirror's archive

But we will probably *not* ship that immediately??? Well, we haven't
decided on a policy anyway.

> for a package doesn't match what is described in another mirror's
> texlive.tlpdb file for this package, what is going to happen?

Nothing in fact. The package is downloaded and installed, there is no
checking of actual files etc.

THe problem mentioned by the OP is completely different and strange, the
missing language.us is really suprising, because nothing has changed
there since ages ...

Best wishes

Norbert