[tex-live] some fixes in Debian which should go upstream

Nobuyuki Tsuchimura tutimura at nn.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Jun 4 13:00:43 CEST 2008

  Hi, Karl

>     - Build/source/texk/dvipdfm/pdfdoc.c
>       there is a bug in dvipdfm with 0.5 timezones, see Debian bug 409517
>       for a detailed discussion and Ubuntu bug 66474.
>       Interestingly I seem to remember that that was fixed upstream!
>       patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches/61_dvipdfm_timezone?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>
> The best solution is to use dvipdfmx.

  I agree.

  But it's a simple work to update dvipdfm.
Recent version is 0.13.2d. TeX Live svn version is 0.13.2c.
The difference is very small, including this timezone bug fix.

http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/dvipdfm-0.13.2c.tar.gz
http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/dvipdfm-0.13.2d.tar.gz

-- Regards,
Nobuyuki Tsuchimura