[tex-live] some fixes in Debian which should go upstream

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 3 02:24:25 CEST 2008

    - texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabi/arabic.ldf
      does: \InputIfFileExists{Arabicore.sty}{% ...
      but there is only a file arabicore.sty (a <-> A)
      patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-lang/debian/patches/20_lowercase_Arabicore?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

I remember telling the arabi author (Youssef Jabri, maybe
yjabri/ensa/univ-oujda/ac/ma) about this and him saying it would be
fixed in the next release.  Maybe there has been no new release.

    - Build/source/texk/dvipdfm/pdfdoc.c
      there is a bug in dvipdfm with 0.5 timezones, see Debian bug 409517
      for a detailed discussion and Ubuntu bug 66474.
      Interestingly I seem to remember that that was fixed upstream!
      patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches/61_dvipdfm_timezone?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

The best solution is to use dvipdfmx.

karl