[tex-live] searching in tlmgrgui

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sun Jun 1 14:41:52 CEST 2008

[TeXLive Rev 8449]

In Remove->Search, entering `cjk', I first see collection-langcjk.
Pressing `next', I see other packages.  But at some moment, pressing
`next' doesn't do anything because there is no entry fitting the
search expression.  I consider this not optimal.  Either add a `back'
button, or `next' wraps searching and starts again from the beginning.

Another nit: After entering a search string, pressing the enter key
does nothing.  I suggest to map it to the `next' action.

Finally, clicking on the `toggle' key of `Configuration->Create
formats on installation', I get the following error message on the
console:

  Tk::Error: Cannot open
    /usr/local/backup/TeXLive/Master/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
  for writing: Permission denied at
    /usr/local/backup/TeXLive/Master/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 278,
    <TMP> line 100221.

(this directory is write protected on my GNU/Linux box).  Maybe a
better action is to either offer to store a configuration file in the
user's home directory or to pop up a window which tells the user that
the configuration settings can't be stored.

    Werner