[tex-live] Problems compiling on alpha
te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 12 08:20:34 CEST 2004
> ac_include ../../texk/make/library.mk
Oops... Seing that
autoconf -m ../../texk/etc/autoconf
failed and also seing that the "new" autoconf processed a configure
without error message, I thought that the new autoconf was the right
one to use.
Obviously, this was wrong, and neither version of autoconf works.
Lokks like the setup in itself has become inconsistent. Sorry for not
checking that my change really works (well, at least, I did not make it
worse -- it also did not compile before).
Given Martin's mail, I just decided to sync with my version (#4817). For
this, I have completely eliminated all source files that the library does
not need. The reason is that this allows it better to check which autoconf
tests are really needed (e.g. by grep'ing fore HAVE_ in the sources).
After that, I could compile the library successfully.
More information about the tex-live