[tex-live] status report on TL?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 13:41:34 CEST 2003

I think the situation for the release of TeXLive 2003 as follows:

 1. delivery and installation: stable. needs more testing, but should be
feature- and interface-frozen

 2. documentation: updated in English only, and needs user-testing.
Karl, you really need to put your name on it in place of mine, if you
are to be the primary maintainer.

 3. texmf tree: stable, but waiting for LaTeX release. no major packages
waiting to be updated that I know of

 4. binary tree: stable for 12 architectures, but not at the release we
want. ideally we want a complete round of recompilations very soon,
as soon as Martin releases pdftex, using what is now source.development.
but that remains contentious?

 5. source: as binary

Does this sound right? what bothers me is the binary version. I'd really
get to get a clean new source recompiled everywhere, but it is not right
at the moment, since at least two of us cannot compile cleanly even
under Linux.

Sebastian