[tex-live] demo cd etc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 12:33:38 CEST 2003

I have corrected the scripts which build ISO images, and the install
script, hopefully fixing all the problems Norbert found.

I have also killed the collection tex-psfonts and created a new
tex-fontsrecommended. From the old tex-psfonts I have moved cm-super and
a few others to tex-fontsextra, and the latter is excluded from the demo
CD.

With these changes, the difference between the demo version and the full
version is that the collections
 tex-fontsextra
 tex-music
 tex-langcjk
are excluded.

according to my test, this gives a demo CD of 620 megabytes, and the
source tree is _not_ compressed any more.

I suggest that interested parties review tex-fontsextra and decide
whether anything there is really of widespread interest. If so, move it
back to tex-fontsrecommended. If there is no interest in any of them
moving, we can reinstate the music collection.

This *does* mean that cm-super is excluded. My own view is that the new
lmfont setup should be widely publicized, and people should be
encouraged to switch to it.
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services