[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 5 16:43:09 CEST 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Di, 05 Mai 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
>> It's now all up to you. I'd suggest that for a start you might use
>
> Working on the patch .. how after an inital
> 	TL_CONFIGURE_ARGS="...." Build
> breakage and editing the src files, how can I run *only* the build
> process again?
>
> I tried
> 	cd Work; make
> but that re-configure everything, and rebuild everything.

Hi Norbert,

that only seems to be the case (details are in top-level/README.layout).

In a first stage, all directories libs/*/, utils/*/, and texk/*/ without
Makefile are configured and built. Then, in a second stage all directories
are built (or installed, cleaned, ...).

Since the first stage failed for texk/web2c/, a second 'make' continues the
first stage starting with texk/afm2pl/, and then proceeds with the second stage.

Alternatively you can remove the whole texk/web2c/ build directory such
that the second stage restarts with texk/web2c/.

Regards
Peter