[tex-eplain] Cross-reference hyperlinks between different files

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:59:48 CEST 2007

Oleg Katsitadze <olegkat at gmail.com> writes:

> It is possible, see the filename link type.
>

> Here's an example from the manual:
>
>   \hlopts{ext=.pdf}
>   \hlstart{filename}{file=book}{dest123}
>     Link to dest123 in file `book.pdf'\hlend
>
> To simplify this, you can use something like:
>
>   \hlopts{ext=.pdf}
>   \def\booklink{\hlstart{filename}{file=book}}
>
>   \booklink{dest123}
>     Link to dest123 in file `book.pdf'\hlend
>
> Or did you mean something else?

I was meaning to put together hyperlink *and* cross reference, which is
achieved in the recent versions of eplain with the \definexref and \ref or
\refn commands, but only (as far as I know) within a single file.

The commands you reported above cannot, if I understand well, play the role of
cross referencies: e.g., let me read in a start point that something has
changed in the destination point (paragraph number or so).  If I'm wrong,
please would you correct me.

To do what I want I had to put old eplain cross references commands `inside'
hyperbasics.tex commands and vice versa, and besides to make all the .aux files
readable from every file.

Thanks, cheers,
Rodolfo