[tex-eplain] Cross-reference hyperlinks between different files

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:01:00 CEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 08:33:44PM +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> is it not possible to have cross-reference hyperlinks between two
> different files?

It is possible, see the filename link type.

> I managed to achieve this in a quite complicated way building together macros
> from eplain.tex and from hyperbasics.tex, and was hoping there is now some
> simpler way.

Here's an example from the manual:

  \hlopts{ext=.pdf}
  \hlstart{filename}{file=book}{dest123}
    Link to dest123 in file `book.pdf'\hlend

To simplify this, you can use something like:

  \hlopts{ext=.pdf}
  \def\booklink{\hlstart{filename}{file=book}}

  \booklink{dest123}
    Link to dest123 in file `book.pdf'\hlend

Or did you mean something else?

Best,
Oleg