[pstricks] Arrow Lable, Page Positioning Help Needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 26 02:45:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> The commands \naput, \nbput and \ncput (a for above, b for below, c for
> centered on) are the traditional forms for placing labels on node
> connections.

   OK. I didn't see that in the book.

> By the way, you'll get better results with the placement of Yes on the
> connections from 6,2 to 7,2 and 6,3 to 7,3 if you use, for example
>
>  \ncline{->}{6,2}{7,2}\nbput{\textcolor{red}{Yes}}
> in place of
>  \ncline{->}{6,2}{7,2}<{\textcolor{red}{Yes}}

   All right.

> I'm a bit surprised that the short form ^ did anything, as you had not
> specified shortput=something, and the default is none. It appears that
> ^ is acting as \taput, which centers the label between the node
> centers, rather than on the visible part of the connection.

   And the underscore puts the label below the line. This I copied from the
example. In my ignorance I didn't know it shouldn't work. :-)

> I believe the pictures are too large to appear---the containing \vbox is
> about 50pt too large for the space. Decrease the \vspace at the top, and
> decrease the margins to .5in.

   Much closer. There's still too much room at the top of the page, the
second flowchart is cut off at the right side, and it's lost its title. I'll
play more with it tomorrow.

   I'm learning a lot, and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

Rich