[pstricks] Arrow Lable, Page Positioning Help Needed

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 26 02:13:45 CEST 2008

The commands \naput, \nbput and \ncput (a for above, b for below, c
for centered on) are the traditional forms for placing labels on node
connections. By the way, you'll get better results with the placement
of Yes on the connections from 6,2 to 7,2 and 6,3 to 7,3 if you use,
for example

  \ncline{->}{6,2}{7,2}\nbput{\textcolor{red}{Yes}}

in place of

  \ncline{->}{6,2}{7,2}<{\textcolor{red}{Yes}}

I'm a bit surprised that the short form ^ did anything, as you had not
specified shortput=something, and the default is none. It appears that
^ is acting as \taput, which centers the label between the node
centers, rather than on the visible part of the connection.

I believe the pictures are too large to appear---the containing \vbox
is about 50pt too large for the space. Decrease the \vspace at the
top, and decrease the margins to .5in.

To answer the question from your next email, I don't think you need a
pspicture environment there. The \vbox made from psmatrix has baseline
at the baseline of the lowest row.