[protext] protext install problems

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Oct 17 14:35:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 14.10.2011 01:55, schrieb Joe Pellouchoud:
> Redownloaded protext.exe from another mirror. Still I get almost done
> with the install and then it chokes. Here is the message in the log file.
>
> problem: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex/bin\MiKTeX209-core-PS.dll
> does not exist
> problem: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex/bin\MiKTeX209-core.dll does
> not exist
> problem: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.9\miktex/bin\MiKTeX209-packagemanager-PS.dll does not exist
> problem: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.9\miktex/bin\MiKTeX209-packagemanager.dll does not exist
>
> Any ideas?

hmm, these messages seem to be "normal". I've also found them in my
setup-Log and they don't seem to prevent my MiKTeX-system from running.

Therefore, you could

a) check, if the downloaded protext.exe is in fact okay, by checking it
against its corresponding md5-sum. You'll find it i.e. under
ftp://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de/pub/windows/win32/ProTeXt/

b) have a deeper look inside MiKTeX's installation-log. It should be
available under C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\config , and its
named setup-[date-of-installation].log

If everything fails, you might contact me again, but i'm afraid it will
take some time before i'm able to setup a windows-xp-system for some
checks on my site.

Regards - Thomas