[pdftex] Speeding up PDFLaTeX by skipping file inclusion

Kevin catch22 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 14 16:23:06 CEST 2003

"K.R.Subramanian" wrote (by email)

  I believe you have to do pdflatex twice  (just like you do latex twice
  above) to get all the references and citations straightened out. If you
  can use jpg, use that, as the files are quite compact.

Yes, thank you for the correction. This further exagerates the speed
difference:

latex -> bibtex -> latex -> latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf
pdflatex -> bibtex -> pdflatex -> pdflatex

Also, at the bottom of my original post, I meant to say that I am using
the [pdftex] and *[dvips]* arguments to graphicx.sty as appropriate.

I feel like I'm having pdflatex repeat work unnecessarily
Does anyone know of a method around this?

Thanks again,

Kevin

  catch22 at fastmail.fm