[pdftex] Re: tex2pdf 2.1 released -- appologies for my ignorance

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jun 12 19:02:11 CEST 2001

At 04:16 PM 6/12/01 +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:

>I don't understand this. First, RedHat is just repackaging tetex, they don't

exactly, which is stupid since it is already packaged, but maybe they can
give their users the feeling that they did the job by repackaging it

>choose the version of pdftex to ship. Secondly, it seems that RH is shipping
>v0.13d, which is the same version you said should be fine above. What am I
>missing?

first, you should not use redhat

second, pdftex version 13d is okay [unless you are in search for features
like protruding / hz]

third, if you have enough bandwidth, remove tetex from your system and
start fresh with the texlive cdrom image [=tetex + fptex + ...]

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl