[math-font-discuss] symbol \Vert, \parallel, \| and package iwona

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:43:26 CET 2011

On 14/02/2011, at 11:09 PM, Daniele Morbidelli wrote:

> Does anybody can tell me it it is possible to reconstruct ``by hand" a
> command which has the same behavior of $\Vert$ or $\|$?

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly, but I don't think so.

> I have a problem with this command (I obtain a white space instead of
> the symbol), together with $\|$ and $\parallel$ after the upgrade to
> texlive 2010. Everything is ok in a texlive 2009 box.

I'm using TeX Live 2010 (through MacTeX 2010) and this example seems fine:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[math]{iwona}
\begin{document}
hello \[ \left\| \frac{a^2}{\sqrt{b}} \right\| \]
\end{document}

Perhaps there's another package throwing a spanner in the works?

If you continue to have trouble, I suggest contacting the maintainers of the Iwona fonts/package. This mailing list is somewhat defunct. (Although clearly not quite :) )

-- Will