[OS X TeX] autocomplete for references

Nicolae Garleanu nbgarleanu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:57:29 CET 2024

Thanks, Herb. Yes, I was talking about TexShop, realized I didn’t mention it in the message.

Based on your answer, my recollection must be of a different front end, which can only mean WinEdit from my early days.

I have the Labels button — it lists the labels already defined (including in comments), and if I click on one the cursor goes to the place where the label is defined. Probably have to type in the label (or click on it, copy from the source file, then go back to where it’s needed.) The order in the list is given by the location of the label in source file, I think.

I had never used BibDesk, so just tried it now. The F5 trick does not work for me (I just get some continuation suggestion as if from a dictionary), I am guessing that there may be a setting I can modify. (All I did was to open, from BibDesk, the .bib file. I am not even sure whether TS and BD “know to work together.") BibDesk does make it easy to see the cite keys, though, so it’s already an improvement.

Nicolae