[OS X TeX] [External] watermarks

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Sat Apr 29 18:10:02 CEST 2023

See below (esp. Herb)
On Apr 29, 2023, at 8:21, Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu<mailto:macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu>> wrote:

On Apr 28, 2023, at 8:51 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu<mailto:Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu>> wrote:

I copied your tex file and ran it with the following results:

Looking at the log, I realized that my TeXLive had not been updated for six years.  So I went ahead and updated (meaning I downloaded and installed the latest MacTex) and went back to my book project, commented out all references to draftwatermark, and re-compiled the book project.

That proved to be a catastrophic mistake.  The output was the first 13 pages out of 588.  Looking at the console, the errors all seem to involve the code for basic applications, like PSTricks, which I have no idea how to enter and/or fix.  Here are the log, the output, and the tex “master file” that calls everything else.  Any idea how I can even begin to troubleshoot?  At this point I at TRULY DESPERATE for help.

My macbook pro is running macOS 12.6.5 Monterey, TeXShop is version 5.12, and TeXLive Utility is version 1.54.  So everything is up to date, I think.
(In TeXLive>Updates there is a very long list of  packages, almost all listed as “update available”.  How does one perform an update—can it done for all of them at once?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

Howdy,

It looks like the problem is in Inequalities.tex around line 35. Is there a pspicture in that area of that file?

To do the full update (yes, there have been many updates to TeX Live since the introduction earlier this year) Open TeX Live Utility (TLU). When you see the list of packages click on Actions->Update All Packages and give your Admin Password when requested. TLU will take care of downloading and installing all the packages and updating all formats as necessary, etc. (Actually TLU runs tlmgr, which is part of TeX Live to do all that.)

herbs2 at mac.com<mailto:herbs2 at mac.com>

TeX FAQ: https://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/index.html