[OS X TeX] problem with \caption in Mactex 2009

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 12 00:26:11 CET 2009

Am 11.11.2009 um 23:36 schrieb Raphael Attie:

> So, following your recommendation, within caption subdirectory , i
> have :
>
> caption.sty
> caption2.sty
> caption3.sty
> ltcaption.sty
> subcaption.sty

I see now: these files all belong to one big package and caption.sty
loads whatever it needs! This directory is meant for the caption
package and does not collect all "caption styles." Alternatives to
caption are obviously ccaption (I was using this quite often, I
remember) and mcaption, both documented. (texdoc -s <thing> lets
texdoc search in the documentation for <thing>.)

I think after some hours of sleep I'll be online again...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

To drink without thirst and to make love all the time, madam, it is
only these which distinguish us from the other beasts.
				– Beaumarchais