[OS X TeX] your wiki needs you?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:53:46 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Alain Schremmer
<schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> WYSIWYG looks easy but fine tuning sometimes is extremely difficult
>> especially with graphics and the results are far from perfect.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> In fact, the one great thing about LaTeX is that there is always a package
> out there that will help you do exactly what you envision.
>
> But to oppose WYSIWYG and command line is a false dichotomy.

I don't oppose. I know people who use xfig to draw, export to LaTeX
and then change source to make fine tuning. I do not do this but do
not deny that it may make sense. Meanwhile there are too may
supporters CYSACYG* approach who deny command line

Victor

* (Crap You See And Crap You Get)