[OS X TeX] customizing latex-suite

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Sun Sep 7 17:04:06 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 12:44:28PM +0200, Doris Wagner wrote:
> I'm about to learn latex-suite. the docu says that for mac-systems the
> default-output is pdf, but in my case it is not (dvi is generated).
> the texrc-file contains the following:

Doris, here is my .vimrc (the important parts) with my latex-suite
settings.  Latex-suite is an excellent alternative to TeXShop, so
please don't let the lack of support here discourage you from using
it!

tex-suite options
set grepprg=grep\ -nH\ $*
let Tex_BIBINPUTS="/Users/brian/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/"
"let g:Tex_ViewRule_ps="/sw/bin/ghostview"
"let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf="/sw/bin/xpdf"
"let g:Tex_ViewRule_dvi="/sw/bin/xdvi"
"let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat="pdf"
imap <F12> <Plug>Tex_Completion
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.tex set formatoptions=acroq
let g:Tex_FormatDependency_pdf = 'dvi,ps,pdf'
let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
let g:Tex_MultipleCompileFormats = 'pdf'

Let us know how it goes.

  --Brian