[OS X TeX] customizing latex-suite

Doris Wagner doris.wagner at mac.com
Sun Sep 7 21:09:57 CEST 2008

>   Latex-suite is an excellent alternative to TeXShop,
yes!
> so
> please don't let the lack of support here discourage you from using
> it!

of course not! but anyway thanx for encouraging me...

and, by the way, to the address of Berend: as long as we can discuss
here TeXShop, we definitely _can_ discuss latex-suite. AND of course I
_did_ ask the same question(s) to the vim_mac-list.

I configured my .vimrc like this (I want to use preview, because I
don't want to use x11, but only the >>normal<< terminal):

let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf ="/Applications/Preview.app"

what happens now is that a pdf is produced, but Preview does not start
from within vim and open the file.
I also tried with the alternative line

let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf = 'Preview'

but also there nothing happended.