[OS X TeX] Forcing the use of pdtlatex or dvips

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sun May 25 08:53:03 CEST 2008

On 24.05.2008, at 18:07, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 24 mai 08 à 16:53, Roberto Avanzi a écrit :
>
>> I know commands like
>>
>> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
>>
>> but not for avoiding to select the engine each time from a menu
>
> Isn't it exactly what the above command does?

Well, apparently it is with TWO percent signs, so if I use

%%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex

as suggested by herbert Schulz, THEN pdflatex is always used,
regardless of the menu.

*but*, the TeXShop help contains apparently a mistake. Open the
TeXShop help panel, go to advanced help -> additional typesetting
engines.  There, I see

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex

and not

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex

(also below, only examples with one percent sign and not two).

  best
   Roberto