[OS X TeX] tlmgr update problem

Lantz Susan lantzs at trine.edu
Wed Dec 3 23:16:58 CET 2008

>>  You must precede each command there with sudo on the Mac. Sigh... <<

Herb,

Thank you!

I don't believe that important fact has been mentioned in the time I
have been reading this list. At least, not in a digest that I received.
(I  have wondered about the sudo commands that are regularly sprinkled
throughout the messages on this list.)

I typed
sudo tlmgr option location  [etc]

After giving me a warning about the consequences of improper use of the
sudo command, Darwin asked for my password and started updating.

I'll ``sudo'' the second command when it finishes the first update.

I suppose such ignorance is worthy of a big sigh, but I am trainable. ;
)

Susan Lantz

Susan A. Lantz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Trine University
Angola, IN 46703