[OS X TeX] Poor performance on a MacBookPro

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 3 22:44:52 CEST 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 21:44, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> Can you try running
>
> latex -kpathsea-debug=-1 speed-macbook.tex % or whatever your test
> document is called
>
> Then we can see what is actually going on.

Warning: this will generate a lot of output, a real lot - even on
moderately sized input files.

If you run in bash, please run it as

latex -kpathsea-debug=-1 speed-macbook.tex > stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt

and judge based on the size of the output whether to put them in a
mail message, or place them on a web-page and refer to them in a
message.

Maarten