[OS X TeX] converting crossref

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Jul 22 17:05:38 CEST 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 7:50 AM, Alex Hamann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a number of incollection entries in my bibliography which
> have been created with crossrefs.
> Now I ran into the problem that jurabib.bst offers a certain
> formating options for incollection items which apparently do not
> work if there is a crossref (I am referring to the edby option). Is
> there an easy way to convert all the incollections with crossrefs
> to incollections without crossrefs? Just deleting the crossref
> field for all of them will not do it since that will cause the loss
> of the information from the parent item.

This sounds like something that a search and replace with regular
expressions should be able to do easily, but since I don't know how
the entries before and after the conversion should look like I can't
really offer more precise suggestions. Could you post some "before"
and "after" examples?

> TIA,
> Alex

Haris Skiadas