[OS X TeX] Re: kpsewhich pointing to wrong location?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jan 20 03:50:36 CET 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 18:42 , Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Thanks for the help.
>
> 	I don't actually have the multiple installs of TeX.  The locatedb
> hasn't been rebuilt in a long while.  How can I force the system to
> rebuild the locate database?

For most command-line tools, related files, and programming
libraries, there are manual pages that come with the system or with
the packages that proved them.

In this case, 'man locate' tells you that "/usr/libexec/
locate.updatedb" is the script to update the database.  Programs in "/
usr/libexec" are normally not run by mere mortals, so this directory
is not in your "path".  You should use the full pathname to invoke
the command.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large