[OS X TeX] Slightly OT: BibDesk + PDF drop

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 04:08:04 CEST 2006

Hi Adam,
thanks for the quick response
> This is not normal, and I don't see it here, but please clarify a)
> what version you're using
newest: 1.2.7 (354). I think it started around version 1.2.6. Can't
remember exactly.

> and b) which window you're dragging to (and what UI element).
Dragging a PDF file from the Desktop to the main publications list
window.

I just realised that it only takes very long to respond when a file
is dragged onto the main publications window from a place that is
_not_ set as "Auto file" location. If the file resides already in the
auto file folder, then it's pretty snappy.

> To help track this down, please send a sample report:
> 1) double-click on BibDesk in Activity Monitor's process window
> 2) drop the PDF
> 3) click the "Sample" button in Activity Monitor
Done. Send off-list.

Again, thanks to the whole BibDesk team for this great application.
I've been using it since it came out and it's awesome to see it
evolving!

Cheers,
Christian