[OS X TeX] Slightly OT: BibDesk + PDF drop

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jun 20 03:25:55 CEST 2006

On Jun 19, 2006, at 16:50, Christian Heine wrote:

> Hi all,
> another question regarding BibDesk - since a recent upgrade the
> "drop PDF on BibDesk" window takes _a lot_ longer than previously
> (talking about 5-20sec). During this time, BibDesk hangs and the
> dragged file icon is displayed on top of all other open windows in
> running applications. Has anyone else experienced this? Normal
> behaviour?

This is not normal, and I don't see it here, but please clarify a)
what version you're using and b) which window you're dragging to (and
what UI element).

To help track this down, please send a sample report:

1) double-click on BibDesk in Activity Monitor's process window
2) drop the PDF
3) click the "Sample" button in Activity Monitor

If that doesn't work, you can use Spin Control from the developer
tools install (set it to only watch BibDesk) and send the sample
report from that.

thanks,
Adam