[OS X TeX] OG 4 and eps export

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 20 23:15:51 CEST 2005

On 20 Sep 2005, at 22:59, Chris Goedde wrote:

> I also got the same reply from the omni people. I knew I should
> have tested the beta ...
>
> BTW, it's relatively easy (though a pain) to snip out the cruft in
> the current eps export in TextEdit. There's a bit at the beginning
> (before the first %!) and a lot (the actual preview, I think) at
> the end, after the %%EOF.

For our convenience: a request has been filed to add a checkbox to
the eps export panel to omit the preview information. That should
solve the issue (I remember this checkbox was in the system-level eps
export dialogue, it does make sense).

Jens Nöckel wrote:
> you can get EPSI with jpeg compression inside - maybe you can point
> those Omnigraffle folks to GraphicConverter or the free jpeg2ps
> tool, which both produce really compact EPSIs from bitmaps (http://
> www.pdflib.com/products/more/jpeg2ps.html).

I'm sure they will look into this thoroughly. Still a bitmap is
larger than quite a few vector images. And the preview must be
understood by Office, so don't expect anything too fancy… the option
to turn it off should keep most of us on the list happy.