[OS X TeX] Duplex printing using lp from command-line?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 19 21:16:59 CET 2005

Am 19.03.2005 um 19:22 schrieb Johan Glimming:

> I want to duplex print a postscript file from command-line in Mac OS
> X. The printer
> is a LJ4000TN with duplex unit. I could change the printer into duplex
> mode, but this
> is not a good solution since occasionally I prefer to print in single
> page mode.

Please don't reply to message giving it a different subject!

Since you too are using Mail you can simply click on the mailto link in
the eMail's footer.

Why don't you try to install more than one printer with your Printer
Utility? One for single-sided print-outs, the second one for
double-sided print-outs? In UNIX, on the command line, you can invoke
'lpstat -a' and you see both printers. Then it shouldn't be a problem
to send a file to the first or to the second printer.

Since I used in last millennium the same printers I can assure you that
this worked fine with Solaris (and Windows NT too). All you need to do
is to feed your Mac with the right Printer Properties Description, the
PPD file. Or two, one for single-sided and another one for
double-sided.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Seelsorge statt Krankenkasse: das ist neu und liberal, die wähl' ich!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>