[OS X TeX] PrettyRef

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 23:49:28 CET 2005

Sergei Mariev wrote:

> Hope you find it useful,

Are you kidding? random or not, slow or not, that is exactly what I wanted.

Moreover, when I posted my query I felt a bit of an idiot, thinking I
couldn't possibly be the first one with the problem and that there had
of course to be a way to avoid having "to check to make sure that the
newly generated label has not been used before."

Tonight I will not be able to do it but, I absolutely will before I
write one more line of the book. The only trouble is that the only perl
I know is pearls. But this install-challenged will give it his all-best
try and will keep you posted.

Thanks to all and, in particular, to you and Munn for reassuring me that
I wasn't a complete idiot.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>