[OS X TeX] OT: Cocoa Emacs back to sourceforge

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 11:34:52 CET 2005

Just a note to tell to Emacs-interested people that the Cocoa port of
Emacs seems to be maturing slowly, and has moved back to sourceforge :

<http://emacs-on-aqua.sourceforge.net/>
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-on-aqua/>

The latest version (7 March) is a relocatable app, installed via a
binary package installer. The web site says:

"This port offers superior platform support for MacOS X and GNUstep,
including full desktop integration (dock, drag/drop, etc.), standard
keybindings, use of standard Font, Color, and File open/save panels,
and support for Services. Via GNUstep, it provides anti-aliased font
rendering on Linux and other Unix systems.

  The port is based on GNU Emacs 20.7, which is one behind the latest
version. Emacs 21 added mostly UI features, not core editing
functionality. The UI is nicer though and furthermore some Lisp
packages have started requiring Emacs 21. So there are plans to update
this port to version 21 once the 20.7-based version is fully
stabilized. Contact the developers to get involved."

I'm not really a user myself, I just installed it to see how it looks
like. Please feel free to forward the info to the Emacs on OS X list.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>